Accused of Child Abuse?
Defend Yourself By Contacting Musell Law.
No one said that raising kids was easy. Many cases in which a Denver Child Abuse Attorney gets involved are based on irresponsible parenting and misbehavior. However, many parents out there are not afraid to discipline their child as a way to make them understand and grow up to become better people in today’s society. When it comes to a divorce, separation, or child custody hearing, discipline techniques may be reported to a social services agency as child abuse. Often, the other parent or their immediate family members who seek primary custody may make false accusations to get ahead in the proceedings.
What is Child Abuse?
Child abuse is defined as:
- Physical assault.
- Causing an injury to a child’s life or health.
- Permitting a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation that poses a threat of injury to the child’s life or health.
- Engaging in a continued pattern of conduct that results in malnourishment, lack of proper medical care, cruel punishment, mistreatment, or an accumulation of injuries that ultimately results in the death or a child or serious bodily injury to the child.
- Placing them in a position of harm (e.g. riding in a car with you while you are intoxicated).
- While in the presence of a child, a person engages in the manufacture or attempted manufacture of a controlled substance.
Getting a Denver Child Abuse Attorney on Your Side
Even if a person is just under investigation, they should not go at this alone. This also means not speaking with police before contacting an attorney. Being falsely accused may come with serious repercussions such as having contact with your own children and can affect where you live and work. Penalties may include a lengthy probation sentence, court-ordered counseling sessions, fines, and incarceration. This makes getting employment, housing, and developing a stable reputation difficult.
Department of Human or Social Services
Having a Denver child abuse attorney on your side is also important in cases where a human or social services agency is involved. They have to prove that you have committed a crime before they can physically remove any child(ren) from your home. However, the standard of proof is less than the proof required in a criminal child abuse case.
Skilled Denver Child Abuse Attorney
Anyone who is being investigated for child abuse needs to contact a skilled defense attorney who can sort the facts and begin working aggressively on their behalf. Once you have been cleared of charges, child abuse attorney can ensure that your records will be sealed. This is important because once you have been proven innocent of child abuse charges, no one can mention this when a background or reference check is being performed. This is why it helps to use the law firm that has an experienced legal team and is not afraid to go the extra mile to ensure that your rights have not been violated. Give Musell Law a call today!